Monday, January 28, 2013

I Don't Care! There I Said It!

So, here it is, the beginning of another week and according to my schedule it's time to write my blog.  Lucky me!  Actually I like very much writing my blog and sharing it with whoever chooses to read it.  But today, well today, I'm just not feeling it.  You know what I mean, right?  Stuff happens!  The stuff of life.  The stuff that we usually don't tell anyone about because we want to give an always, ever-present appearance and impression that everything is fabulous and wonderful!  And the reality is, you lost your job, the kids aren't minding, the car broke down, the rent is passed due, your spouse isn't speaking to you, and....well you get the picture.  I mean, take your pick of any of the things I just listed, or add your own.  We've all been there, right?

I know, it's times like these that others will tell us we're suppose to count our blessings, or get up and get going, or volunteer down at the food bank, or of course, pray.  People will tell you, "Get off  your pitty potty!  Man up (or woman up as the case may be), it could be worse!  Think about all those poor people in India!"  It's usually about this time I have come to my mind several obscenities which I would like to say but usually don't 'cause after all I'm a spiritual person. : )

But the fact is, sometimes I just don't care! 

There, I said it!  And the last few days that's exactly how I have been feeling.  I don't care!  You've been there.  So, what's my answer to getting out of the doldrums?  Beats me, and I don't care! 

I'm not going to count my blessings. I'm well aware of my blessings.  I'm not going down to the food bank, and I'm not going to get up and get going.  I'm not going to pray......well, actually I have prayed but it hasn't made any difference, but that's okay.  My God isn't a genie or a vending machine so I don't expect him to jump just because I'm having a bad day.  

Do you know what I'm going to do?  I'm not going to do anything really!  Sorry if that disappoints you but it's the truth.  I'm going to hold on tight, stew in my own juices, and be as kind as I can be in the process.  And I know, because I've live long enough and experienced enough of life, that this will pass, and my disposition will improve and I'll be able to say once again with some level of authenticity, "ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD!"

In the mean time, I'd appreciate it if you would please keep your distance.  I like you and I really don't want to fire any obscenities in your direction.  After all, I am a spiritual person. : )

Peace for real,
Dennis  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment